Superstar Rajinikanth on Sunday evening along with his daughter Aishwarya Dhanush paid a visit to the Apollo Hospital at Greams Road in Chennai, where Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa is undergoing treatment. However, like everyone else, he wasn’t allowed to see her the ward.
The actor and his daughter stayed in the hospital for about 30 minutes and spoke to the doctors attending to Jayalalithaa to learn about her health first hand. Earlier, he tweeted wishing speeding recovery for the chief minister. “I pray to God for your speedy recovery.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
According to reports, a team of doctors from Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Singapore, have flown down to Chennai to examine Jayalalithaa.
Jayalalithaa was admitted to hospital on September 22. Since then there have been to a lot of speculations about her health. The government and the hospital have been trying to stop the spreading of rumors with regular medical bulletins. The police have even made many arrests and filed cases against at least 40 people, on charges of spreading rumors about Jayalalithaa’s health on the social media, said reports.
— Rajasekar (@sekartweets) October 16, 2016
Since Jayalalitaa’s stay at the hospital extended, last week governor C Vidyasagar Rao handed over her portfolio to senior Cabinet colleague and her trusted aide O Panneerselvam. The move led to more speculations, even as the hospital has stopped publishing medical bulletins about her health since Monday.
The Apollo Hospital has been drawing high-profile visitors from the world of politics, business and entertainment. Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, Union minister Arun Jaitley, BJP chief Amit Shah, DMK leader MK Stalin, industrialist Mukesh Ambani’s wife Nita Ambani visited the hospital earlier.
According to reports, Prime Minister Modi is also expected to visit Chennai soon to enquire about Jayalalitaa’s health.