A Philippine senator who President Rodrigo Duterte has linked to the illegal drug trade and described as a “dirty woman” for her alleged affair with her driver has asked the Supreme Court to stop the attacks.
Sen. Leila de Lima says the petition she filed Monday seeks to stop Duterte and his men from gathering information about her private life and disclosing it publicly, adding that the allegedly illegally obtained information should be destroyed. The petition is a test case because it challenges Duterte’s immunity from lawsuits.
De Lima says she also asked that Duterte be compelled to identify the “foreign country” he said helped him to “listen” to de Lima’s communications.
De Lima has long raised alarm over Duterte’s brutal crackdown against drugs, earning Duterte’s wrath.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More