Oscar-winning actor Leonardo DiCaprio has partnered with Paramount to produce movie on
popular TV character Captain Planet, who helps fight against environmental evils.
They are eyeing Jono Matt and ‘Scream Queens’ star Glen Powell to write the script, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
If things move forward, Jennifer Davisson Killoran and DiCaprio, a known environmental activist, will produce the film, based on the cartoon series of the 1990s, via Appian Way, which signed a first-look deal with Paramount in March, along with Powell.
It is not clear whether Powell will also star in the movie.
Captain Planet and the Planeteers was a TV show that aired from September 1990 to December 1992. It revolved around five young people from around the world who were given magical rings that had the power to control natural elements. United, they can summon Captain Planet, a superhero who helps them fight against environmental baddies.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More