British actor of Indian descent Dev Patel will be honoured at Santa Barbara International Film Festival for his role in Lion. Lion is based on a true story of a five-year-old Indian boy who falls asleep on a train to end up lost, before being adopted by an Australian couple, played by Nicole Kidman and fellow Australian David Wenham.
The Santa Barbara International Film Festival has selected eight actors for its Virtuosos Award for breakthrough performances, including Ruth Negga for Loving, Dev for Lion and Aaron Taylor-Johnson for “Nocturnal Animals”, reports variety.com.
Janelle Monáe will be honoured for Hidden Figures and Moonlight alongside her “Moonlight” costars Mahershala Ali and Naomie Harris.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Simon Helberg was named for Florence Foster Jenkins, and Stephen Henderson was tapped for Fences.
The award presentation, to be moderated for the seventh year by Dave Karger, will take place on February 4 at the Arlington Theatre at the 32nd edition of the festival, which runs from February 1 to February 11.
Prior recipients of the award include Alicia Vikander, Joel Edgerton, Elizabeth Banks, Paul Dano, David Oyelowo and Rooney Mara.