The Belgian federal government h opes it can persuade regional authorities to back its approval of an EU-Canada free trade deal by the time EU leaders meet at a Brussels summit this week, its trade minister said on Tuesday.
“We are continuing to work with certain regions,” Didier Reynders told reporters on arrival at a meeting of EU trade ministers in Luxembourg. He noted that the French-speaking region of Wallonia was the main bar to Belgium giving a green light to a deal approved by the other 27 EU states and Canada.
“I hope that by the time of the summit at the end of the week we’ll be in a position to allow things to go ahead,” said Reynders, who is also foreign minister. EU leaders gather in Brussels on Thursday and are due to discuss trade on Friday.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage