Two men have been arrested for allegedly raping a 20-year-old married woman who had come to visit her parents at a relief camp for people who fled the communal clashes in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh.
The incident allegedly took place on Friday at a madrasa in Jogi Khera in the Fugana area. Fugana was among the worst affected areas in the riots with nearly 50 killed and 50,000 displaced.
The two accused have been identified as Sachin and Sunil Kumar.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
While police maintained that the incident was not communal,senior officers said it had deepened the mistrust between the Jat and Muslim communities and tension remained high in the area.
We have arrested the two accused and are investigating the matter. We have also deployed police officers in sensitive areas to ensure that no other untoward incident takes place, said H M Singh,SSP of Muzaffarnagar.
The woman said she had walked out of the madrasa with her 8-year-old sister when she was assaulted on Friday. I recognized the two,they were from Fugana. While we were living there,before the clashes,they never said anything to me. Nor did they ever misbehave with me, she said.
The 20-year-old had come to the relief camp with her family after the riots.
After a few weeks,I went to my husbands home. But things looked peaceful,so I returned to the madrasa because I wanted to meet my parents, she said.
SSP Singh said the woman had been sent for medical examination to confirm rape,but the results were inconclusive.
Police said the woman had gone out of the madrasa and was on a road adjacent to it that led directly to Fugana village. She was spotted by the men who were coming on the same road. They allegedly dragged her to sugarcane fields nearby and raped her,police said.
Police have lodged a case of gangrape on the basis of the womans complaint.
According to her family,the victims eight-year-old sister screamed for help after the woman was abducted by the men. On hearing her screams,people from the relief camp came out and caught the two and thrashed them.
We rushed to the fields and caught the two. It was a Friday and the incident took place at the time of afternoon prayers and as a result everyone was busy, said the womans father.
Both men are from Fugana village,which is barely a kilometre from the refugee camp.