The number of Chinese users accessing the Internet from mobile phones has surpassed that of the personal computer,marking a significant milestone created by the boom of smartphones,a Chinese government report said on Thursday.
China is the world’s largest Internet market and the trend represents a turning point for companies such as Baidu Inc and Sina Corp,who need to move their business models toward the mobile sphere in order to capture growth.
The number of users who accessed the Internet from mobile phones rose 22.2 percent from a year earlier to 388 million,compared with 380 million users who accessed it via a desktop computer. It is the first time mobile Internet access has outstripped that of the PC,the China Internet Network Information Centre (CNNIC) said.
CNNIC said in its bi-annual report that half of the new users were from rural areas,of which 60 percent accessed the Internet from their mobile phones.
China had more than 538 million Internet users as of the end of June.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More