The number of Chinese users accessing the Internet from mobile phones has surpassed that of the personal computer,marking a significant milestone created by the boom of smartphones,a Chinese government report said on Thursday.
China is the world’s largest Internet market and the trend represents a turning point for companies such as Baidu Inc and Sina Corp,who need to move their business models toward the mobile sphere in order to capture growth.
The number of users who accessed the Internet from mobile phones rose 22.2 percent from a year earlier to 388 million,compared with 380 million users who accessed it via a desktop computer. It is the first time mobile Internet access has outstripped that of the PC,the China Internet Network Information Centre (CNNIC) said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
CNNIC said in its bi-annual report that half of the new users were from rural areas,of which 60 percent accessed the Internet from their mobile phones.
China had more than 538 million Internet users as of the end of June.