I feel that the BJP in Chhattisgarh was mentally torturing me because of which I felt that my usefulness to the party had come to an end, Shukla,an ex-MP from Janjgir and former member of the undivided Madhya Pradesh Assembly,said.
She had resigned Saturday from the BJP,alleging that she was being continuously neglected by senior leaders.
She said her resignation from the party had nothing to do with seeking a ticket from Beltara (in Chhattisgarh) seat for next months Assembly elections. Every party worker has a right to ask for an election ticket but not much importance can be attached to whether he gets it or not, said Shukla,also a former national president of the BJP Mahila Morcha.
She alleged that she was removed from all posts and was not consulted for anything.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Shukla said she was very sad at quitting the BJP but because the manner in which the party treated her,she was forced to leave it.
The former MP said she had spent five days in Delhi seeking a meeting with BJP president Rajnath Singh,but he could not find the time to meet her. I can understand that he can be busy but at least he should have replied to my phone calls, Karuna said. She said it was strange that the BJP did not treat her gracefully although she had served the party for more than 30 years.
The former MP said she would never join the Congress.
Digvijaya: End of BJP vajpayee era
Taking a dig at the BJP over former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayees niece quitting the party,Congress leader Digvijaya Singh on Sunday said the development marked of the end of the Vajpayee era in the saffron outfit. With Karuna Shukla (Ataljis niece) resigning,Ataljis Era in BJP has ended. Era of fixers,liars and commission agents in BJP has begun, Singh tweeted.