Coal minister Sriprakash Jaiswal,contesting Uttar Pradesh chief minister Akhilesh Yadavs claim that power plants in his state are not getting enough coal,has informed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh that his ministry has taken adequate steps in ensuring sufficient coal supply to the plants.
Yadav had written to Singh on April 12 seeking his intervention in asking Coal India to accord priority in coal supply to Reliance Powers Rosa plant at Shahjahanpur and Lancos Anpara C unit at Sonebhadra Rosa and Anpara plants.
UP has been suffering from power supply deficit to the tune of 2,000 MW… Acute paucity of coal to these plants have not only impacted electricity production,but also compelled the state to resort to over-drawal from the national grid, the chief minister had written.
In his reply to the PM on Wednesday,Jaiswal said that Yadavs contention is unrealistic as CIL has assured 65 per cent supply of the annual contracted quantity to the plants under the fuel supply agreements. He said that 43 per cent of fuel supply has already been ensured for Rosa by May 7,while 55 per cent for for Anpara C has been executed.
Parallely,I have cautioned Coal India that its growth of 1.3 per cent in production and 1.8 per cent in off-take in April and May is not enough. In a review meeting at Kolkata on Tuesday CIL CMD was told that subsidiaries like Northern Coalfields,Mahanadi Coalfields,Eastern Coalfields and Bharat Coking Coal have failed to meet their assigned targets for these two months. The chiefs of these companies have been asked to achieve their targets by the end of July 2013, Jaiswal said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016