The combined market capitalisation (m-cap) of seven of the country’s top 10 companies advanced by Rs 31,319.21 crore during the past week.
State-run oil & gas explorer ONGC was the top gainer with its market value surging by Rs 10,993.8 crore during the week to Rs 2,35,019.04 crore,as on last Friday’s trade on the BSE.
During the week,shares of the company jumped nearly 5 per cent to close at Rs 274.70. Last week,the government decided to postpone 5 per cent stake sale in ONGC,that would have fetched the exchequer about Rs 12,000 crore.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Corporate major Reliance Industries,too,added Rs 770 crore to its market cap which stood at Rs 2,70,926 crore.
Similarly,software exporters TCS and Infosys Technologies,together added Rs 9,609.77 crore to their combined market valuations. The M-cap of TCS stood at Rs 2,01,435.02 crore,while that of Infosys was at Rs 1,37,424.24 crore at close on Friday last week.
IT companies benefited by weakness in the rupee last week as it helps in improving their profit margins. Companies like TCS,Infosys earn a major chunk of their revenues from the US in dollar.
Power producer NTPC’s market worth accelerated by Rs 7,091.09 crore to Rs 1,41,821.91 crore while private lender HDFC Bank saw its M-cap swelling by Rs 2,544 crore to Rs 1,12,894 crore.
FMCG giant ITC’s market value swollen to Rs 1,53,796.92 crore after it added Rs 310.55 crore during the week ended on Friday.
In contrast,state-run Coal India,telecom major Bharti Airtel and country’s biggest lender SBI saw losses in their M-cap.
The market cap of Coal India dropped by Rs 1,705.41 crore during the last week to Rs 2,38,916.32 crore,while Bharti lost Rs 5,506.4 crore from its M-cap which stood at Rs 1,46,527.31 crore.
SBI saw a dip of Rs 593.72 crore from its M-cap which was at Rs 1,23,540.48 crore.
The BSE benchmark Sensex rose marginally by 0.39 per cent to end the week at 16,933.83 points.