Initiating its first action in the multi-crore StockGuru scam,the Enforcement Directorate has issued attachment orders on properties worth Rs 83 crore of main accused Ullas Prabhakar Khaire and his wife under anti-money laundering laws.
The seized properties,spread out across the country in Maharashtra,Hyderabad,Andhra Pradesh and Haryana,include some benami immovable assets that the couple had allegedly purchased on fake identities.
The agency,sources said,will soon issue prohibitory orders on these assets,including cash,jewellery and bank accounts,under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
ED took the latest action after it recorded the statement of the duo,lodged in Tihar jail in judicial custody,and went through the probe reports of other agencies.
The agencys action to attach these properties under PMLA is aimed at depriving the accused of the benefits of these assets,alleged to have been accumulated through the proceeds of crime by duping investors.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review