Initiating its first action in the multi-crore StockGuru scam,the Enforcement Directorate has issued attachment orders on properties worth Rs 83 crore of main accused Ullas Prabhakar Khaire and his wife under anti-money laundering laws.
The seized properties,spread out across the country in Maharashtra,Hyderabad,Andhra Pradesh and Haryana,include some benami immovable assets that the couple had allegedly purchased on fake identities.
The agency,sources said,will soon issue prohibitory orders on these assets,including cash,jewellery and bank accounts,under the provisions of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
ED took the latest action after it recorded the statement of the duo,lodged in Tihar jail in judicial custody,and went through the probe reports of other agencies.
The agencys action to attach these properties under PMLA is aimed at depriving the accused of the benefits of these assets,alleged to have been accumulated through the proceeds of crime by duping investors.