Sterlite Technologies Limited announced its results for the quarter ended June 30,2010.
Financial highlights for quarter ended June 30 2010
– Sterlite closed Q1FY11 with revenues of Rs. 492 Crores,which is a growth of 13% over that in Q1FY10.
– EBITDA and net profit for the quarter were Rs. 88 Crores and Rs 56 Crores respectively.
– The company maintained operating profitability at 18%.
– Net profit growth of 22% over Q1 of the last fiscal.
– The Companys optical fiber and fiber optic cables business segments have shown good volume growth as a result of
expanded capacities coming online during the quarter.
– Revenue from international sales during the quarter accounts for Rs. 111 Crores,which is 22% of net revenues. Good Tier-1
clients added for all businesses,across geographies.
– The power business earned revenues of Rs. 340 Crores in Q1FY11; a growth of 15% year-on-year.
– The telecom business earned revenues of Rs. 152 Crores in Q1FY11; a growth of 9% year-on-year.
– At the start of Q2FY11,the Company has a strong order book of over Rs 2,600 Crores (US$ 580 Million) as compared to
order book of Rs 1,600 Crores ( US$ 356 Million) at the end of Q1 FY10.