When Minister of State for Commerce and Industry D D Purandeswari decided to donate a statue of her father,former Andhra Pradesh chief minister and TDP founder the late N T Rama Rao,for installation in Parliament,she probably would not have bargained for the war of egos that erupted. TDP MPs wanted Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to personally invite TDP chief and NTRs son-in-law N Chandrababu Naidu,but were told it was not possible under rules. The MPs were not satisfied even when Purandeswari told them that she had personally written to Naidu inviting him to the function. Purandeswari even produced an acknowledgment of her invite from her brother-in-law. The impasse ended only after a Lok Sabha secretariat officer called up Naidu to extend an invite. NTRs widow Lakshmi Parvati could not be left out and she too was invited. The statue was unveiled on Tuesday in the presence of NTRs entire family which,for a change,forgot its deep political differences to honour their mentor.
AFTER failing to enter the Public Accounts Committee because his partys chief whip in Rajya Sabha Derek OBrien forgot to enlist his name a few weeks ago,TMC MP Sukhendu Shekhar Roy will get a second chance. AIADMK Rajya Sabha MP V Maitreyan is due to retire soon. This time TMC is learnt to have managed to convince all other parties that Roy should be given the place vacated by Maitreyan.
AJAY Garg,an alleged middleman in the railway bribery case who surrendered before a CBI court on Tuesday afternoon,had a field day while waiting for CBI officials to take him into custody. Garg,whom the CBI had been looking for,was surrounded by relatives who made sure he had all the creature comforts for the time he was with them before his surrender. From savouring snacks brought from an upmarket coffee shop to sipping cold drinks,Garg spent his time chatting with his relatives and friends. On seeing a battery of mediapersons outside the Patiala House court premises,Garg asked a CBI official accompanying him for the vehicle to be brought inside the court premises. Just when the CBI official was about to comply,he was given a dressing down by his senior who sternly told him that they were not supposed to take directions from Garg.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review