When Minister of State for Commerce and Industry D D Purandeswari decided to donate a statue of her father,former Andhra Pradesh chief minister and TDP founder the late N T Rama Rao,for installation in Parliament,she probably would not have bargained for the war of egos that erupted. TDP MPs wanted Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar to personally invite TDP chief and NTRs son-in-law N Chandrababu Naidu,but were told it was not possible under rules. The MPs were not satisfied even when Purandeswari told them that she had personally written to Naidu inviting him to the function. Purandeswari even produced an acknowledgment of her invite from her brother-in-law. The impasse ended only after a Lok Sabha secretariat officer called up Naidu to extend an invite. NTRs widow Lakshmi Parvati could not be left out and she too was invited. The statue was unveiled on Tuesday in the presence of NTRs entire family which,for a change,forgot its deep political differences to honour their mentor.
AFTER failing to enter the Public Accounts Committee because his partys chief whip in Rajya Sabha Derek OBrien forgot to enlist his name a few weeks ago,TMC MP Sukhendu Shekhar Roy will get a second chance. AIADMK Rajya Sabha MP V Maitreyan is due to retire soon. This time TMC is learnt to have managed to convince all other parties that Roy should be given the place vacated by Maitreyan.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
AJAY Garg,an alleged middleman in the railway bribery case who surrendered before a CBI court on Tuesday afternoon,had a field day while waiting for CBI officials to take him into custody. Garg,whom the CBI had been looking for,was surrounded by relatives who made sure he had all the creature comforts for the time he was with them before his surrender. From savouring snacks brought from an upmarket coffee shop to sipping cold drinks,Garg spent his time chatting with his relatives and friends. On seeing a battery of mediapersons outside the Patiala House court premises,Garg asked a CBI official accompanying him for the vehicle to be brought inside the court premises. Just when the CBI official was about to comply,he was given a dressing down by his senior who sternly told him that they were not supposed to take directions from Garg.