Two Hizb-ul-Mujahideen militants were killed in Ghoshbug village of Baramulla district Tuesday evening in an ongoing encounter between security forces and militants in Pattan in north Kashmir.
Two local militants of HM were killed in the Goshbug gunfight which started at 7:30 and is still going on, an Army officer told The Indian Express.
On specific information regarding the presence of militants in Goshbug,the troops of Armys 29 Rashtriya Rifles and Special Operation Group of Pattan Police,launched a search operation in the village on Tuesday evening, he said. Security forces cordoned off the area and started search operation during which they established a contact with a group of militants hiding in a residential house,he said. The militants opened fire on the security forces personnel,who retaliated,triggering a gunfight.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The slain militants have been identified as Yaqoub and Bilal Bhat of a village in Palhallan,Baramulla.