A day after returning home,RJD chief Lalu Prasad announced a visit to Muzaffarnagar relief camps next week and a big rally at Gandhi Maidan in Patna before embarking on his latest mission to fight communal forces.Lalu reached his Circular Road residence in Patna shortly after 11 pm Tuesday in a convoy that clogged NH-31. Groups of people in Nawada district and from pockets in the vicinity of Bihar Sharif and Bakhtiyarpur lined up the highway and cheered as the RJD chief stopped to receive garlands.
At a press conference at his residence Wednesday,he claimed to have talked to Sonia Gandhi,who wished him good,and said he was open to an alliance with the Congress and would back Rahul Gandhi or any other PM candidate of the party. His Muzaffarnagar trip is important as the RJD plays up the secular card and will give a subtle message to SP chief Mulayam Singh,who shared the dais with Bihar CM Nitish Kumar at a meet of non-Congress and non-BJP parties in Delhi in October.
Lalu,who stood with his eldest son Tej Pratap to receive bouquets or shake hands with supporters at his 10,Circular Road,residence Wednesday,was in his elements and used rustic proverbs to target political opponents.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Soniaji spoke to me. I have requested her to do everything possible for Muzaffarnagar sufferers. I am open to alliance with the Congress to give a fitting reply to communal forces, he said.
Wearing the same grey kurta and blue sweater he was in when released from jail,Lalu chided supporters who interrupted his conference.
He said the RSS had been spreading the rumour that even Yadavs want Narendra Modi as PM. Do you think Yadavs are fools? It is hard to manipulate them, he said with reference to Modis hunkar rally call to woo Yadavs.
Lalu refused to acknowledge that Nitish was now sharing the secular space with him in the fight against Modi. Itne din sasural me rahkar ab naihar aaya hai,aur bilap kar raha hai (after being with the BJP for so many years he has come to his senses now and is shedding false tears), he said.
Lalu also took on the BJP for having celebrated incarceration. They (the BJP) thought Lalu is finished. But I am back and will go to the people to foil the BJP design to create a 1947-like situation in country, he said.
His residence that wore an almost deserted look during his 77-day absence was abuzz with activity. There is not one leader who can take on Modi as convincingly as Laluji can. His visit to Muzaffarnagar would reinforce his secular credentials, said RJD UP president Ashok Singh.