A day after returning home,RJD chief Lalu Prasad announced a visit to Muzaffarnagar relief camps next week and a big rally at Gandhi Maidan in Patna before embarking on his latest mission to fight communal forces.Lalu reached his Circular Road residence in Patna shortly after 11 pm Tuesday in a convoy that clogged NH-31. Groups of people in Nawada district and from pockets in the vicinity of Bihar Sharif and Bakhtiyarpur lined up the highway and cheered as the RJD chief stopped to receive garlands.
At a press conference at his residence Wednesday,he claimed to have talked to Sonia Gandhi,who wished him good,and said he was open to an alliance with the Congress and would back Rahul Gandhi or any other PM candidate of the party. His Muzaffarnagar trip is important as the RJD plays up the secular card and will give a subtle message to SP chief Mulayam Singh,who shared the dais with Bihar CM Nitish Kumar at a meet of non-Congress and non-BJP parties in Delhi in October.
Lalu,who stood with his eldest son Tej Pratap to receive bouquets or shake hands with supporters at his 10,Circular Road,residence Wednesday,was in his elements and used rustic proverbs to target political opponents.
Soniaji spoke to me. I have requested her to do everything possible for Muzaffarnagar sufferers. I am open to alliance with the Congress to give a fitting reply to communal forces, he said.
Wearing the same grey kurta and blue sweater he was in when released from jail,Lalu chided supporters who interrupted his conference.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
He said the RSS had been spreading the rumour that even Yadavs want Narendra Modi as PM. Do you think Yadavs are fools? It is hard to manipulate them, he said with reference to Modis hunkar rally call to woo Yadavs.
Lalu refused to acknowledge that Nitish was now sharing the secular space with him in the fight against Modi. Itne din sasural me rahkar ab naihar aaya hai,aur bilap kar raha hai (after being with the BJP for so many years he has come to his senses now and is shedding false tears), he said.
Lalu also took on the BJP for having celebrated incarceration. They (the BJP) thought Lalu is finished. But I am back and will go to the people to foil the BJP design to create a 1947-like situation in country, he said.
His residence that wore an almost deserted look during his 77-day absence was abuzz with activity. There is not one leader who can take on Modi as convincingly as Laluji can. His visit to Muzaffarnagar would reinforce his secular credentials, said RJD UP president Ashok Singh.