Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah has written a letter to Congress president Sonia Gandhi,expressing sincere regrets over the unfortunate and uncalled for incidents of supporters of Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy tearing down a banner with her picture in Khammam.
I may be permitted to bring to your notice with deep pain and grief an incident wherein some Congress workers resorted to undisciplined and unruly behaviour of tearing down a flex banner containing pictures of various leaders,including yourself,in Khammam district Congress office. In another incident in Rajahmundry,two RTC buses were burnt by Congress workers. This is an emotional act of some disgruntled elements as a mark of protest, Rosaiah said in the letter sent Monday. I express my sincere regrets for those unfortunate and uncalled for incidents. All measures have been taken to prevent recurrence of such incidents. I assure you that I will leave no stone unturned in maintenance of peace and law and order in the state.
The CM told Gandhi that the partys state president had issued instructions for suspension of those responsible for the Khammam incident.
While four persons responsible for tearing down the banner were suspended from the party,three of them were already arrested by the police, Rosaiah said. Strict instructions have been issued for continuation of the party membership enrolment drive in the state.
Jaganmohan Reddy has also condemned these incidents and sought severe action against the guilty.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest