Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah has written a letter to Congress president Sonia Gandhi,expressing sincere regrets over the unfortunate and uncalled for incidents of supporters of Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy tearing down a banner with her picture in Khammam.
I may be permitted to bring to your notice with deep pain and grief an incident wherein some Congress workers resorted to undisciplined and unruly behaviour of tearing down a flex banner containing pictures of various leaders,including yourself,in Khammam district Congress office. In another incident in Rajahmundry,two RTC buses were burnt by Congress workers. This is an emotional act of some disgruntled elements as a mark of protest, Rosaiah said in the letter sent Monday. I express my sincere regrets for those unfortunate and uncalled for incidents. All measures have been taken to prevent recurrence of such incidents. I assure you that I will leave no stone unturned in maintenance of peace and law and order in the state.
The CM told Gandhi that the partys state president had issued instructions for suspension of those responsible for the Khammam incident.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
While four persons responsible for tearing down the banner were suspended from the party,three of them were already arrested by the police, Rosaiah said. Strict instructions have been issued for continuation of the party membership enrolment drive in the state.
Jaganmohan Reddy has also condemned these incidents and sought severe action against the guilty.