Pakistani media on Monday termed the first meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Nawaz Sharif as a minor miracle and noted that the dialogue held amidst a tense atmosphere yielded words but no action. The much anticipated meeting between the two PMs took place on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York on Sunday.
The News International in its editorial said the prelude to the meeting could not have been more disastrous,and that the meeting itself took place is a minor miracle as both sides called it useful and constructive.
The Dawn newspaper said the meeting with the lowest expectations was perhaps a small victory for both the nations,while the Daily Times said the intent shown by both the neighbours to continue the process of dialogue and peace negotiations was encouraging.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Dawn editorial headlined Words,no action,praised Singh for holding talks despite pressure domestically. The News said Prime Minister Singh has devoted much of his speech at the UN General Assembly to the question of Pakistan and terrorism,calling us an epicentre of terrorism and refusing to negotiate over the status of Kashmir.
It said External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid poured further fuel to the fire by blaming the Pakistan military and the ISI for not obeying PM Nawaz and for militancy in Kashmir.
Snehesh Alex Philip