Pakistani media on Monday termed the first meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Nawaz Sharif as a minor miracle and noted that the dialogue held amidst a tense atmosphere yielded words but no action. The much anticipated meeting between the two PMs took place on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York on Sunday.
The News International in its editorial said the prelude to the meeting could not have been more disastrous,and that the meeting itself took place is a minor miracle as both sides called it useful and constructive.
The Dawn newspaper said the meeting with the lowest expectations was perhaps a small victory for both the nations,while the Daily Times said the intent shown by both the neighbours to continue the process of dialogue and peace negotiations was encouraging.
The Dawn editorial headlined Words,no action,praised Singh for holding talks despite pressure domestically. The News said Prime Minister Singh has devoted much of his speech at the UN General Assembly to the question of Pakistan and terrorism,calling us an epicentre of terrorism and refusing to negotiate over the status of Kashmir.
It said External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid poured further fuel to the fire by blaming the Pakistan military and the ISI for not obeying PM Nawaz and for militancy in Kashmir.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Snehesh Alex Philip