The BJP has welcomed the decision to create Telangana,but has demanded the setting up of a second States Reorganisation Commission to look into statehood demands elsewhere in the country.
We have always been in favour of Telangana state, BJP president Rajnath Singh told The Indian Express soon after the Congress Working Committee meeting Tuesday.
Asked about the BJPs position on demands for Gorkhaland or Bodoland,Singh said: We were in favour of the Second States Reorganisation Commission earlier too. We now demand that the government should set it up and seek a report within a specific timeframe.
Earlier in the day,BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters at the party headquarters that the BJP backed statehood for Vidarbha as well. BJP
supports Telangana and
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Vidarbhas demand, Javadekar said.
Aware that the Congress would use Tuesdays decision on Telangana in the Lok Sabha election campaign,the BJP sought to highlight the betrayal of the regions people over the last nine years.
Todays announcement (by the Congress) is the victory of the people of Telangana. BJP has always been in favour of Telangana. Congress promised it in 2004 but dilly-dallied for nine years. It has been a story of the struggle of the people of Telangana and nine years of betrayal by the Congress, Javadekar said.
The NDAs agenda in 1999 had promised the creation of three states,and it was honoured. The Congress,in contrast,made a promise in 2004 but betrayed the people for nine years, the spokesperson said.
He asked the government to expedite the process to bring a state reorganisation Bill for Telangana. We will support the Bill for creation of Telangana in Parliament.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi blogged that the Congress had been neither consistent nor transparent on Telangana.
The Congress Party has done in the last few days what it shied away from doing in the last 9 years to work over time on a decision over Telangana. It is an undisputable fact that Congress Party has neither been consistent nor transparent in its conduct over the creation of a Telangana state. Thus,a Party and a Government that has betrayed the people on the issue of Telangana time and again can hardly be trusted on this issue this time around, Modi said in an open letter to the people.
BJP patriarch L K Advani clarified that the BJP has always been in favour of Telangana,but the NDA government had been unable to create the new state because of the TDPs reservations.
As far as we are concerned,our party is concerned,if Telangana was not formed when we had formed three new states it was only because of our respecting one of our coalition partners. Otherwise we would have done it even then, Advani told reporters on Tuesday.