Two weeks after his meeting with MNS president Raj Thackeray,the Shiv Sena Monday expelled Mohan Rawle,a former MP who won Mumbai South Central Lok Sabha seat five consecutive times for the party.
Rawles expulsion came while he was holding a press conference in which he attacked Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackerays personal assistant Milind Narvekar,blaming him for sidelining senior leaders.
This is not the Shiv Sena that Balasaheb Thackeray created. Today,it has become a party of brokers. Milind Narvekar has blighted the party that our Saheb created. The present leadership of the party is shielding such a man, Rawle said.
The 68-year-old Rawle blamed Narvekar for creating a rift between the old guard and Uddhav Thackeray. It took me four years to get a one-on-one appointment with Uddhav Thackeary. When Balasaheb Thackeray was there,this was not the case. He would hear us out. It is the party presidents prerogative to decide who gets the ticket,but at least he should have called me and asked me about my opinion, he said.
Rawle also said Bal Thackeray was keen on removing Milind Narvekar from the party and had publicly said this in front of senior Shiv Sena leaders.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
Rawle has been upset for some time. He had lost the 2009 Lok Sabha elections from Mumbai South and the Sena leadership had given indications that it would not give him a ticket in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
On November 23,Rawle had met Raj Thackeray,fuelling speculation he could leave the Sena. After his meeting with Rawle,Uddhav had said all those who were not happy with his leadership could leave the party. While senior Sena leader Manohar Joshi,also a dissident,was quick to issue a public apology,Rawle said he was not going to apologise.
* The 68-year-old is a resident of the Sena stronghold of Dadar
* He had served as the president of the Shiv Senas youth wing the Bhartiya Vidyarthi Sena from 1979 to 1984
* First became an MP in 1991 and got elected five consecutive times
* In 1998,won the Lok Sabha seat by 153 votes
* Lost the 2009 election to Congresss Milind Deora.