Two weeks after his meeting with MNS president Raj Thackeray,the Shiv Sena Monday expelled Mohan Rawle,a former MP who won Mumbai South Central Lok Sabha seat five consecutive times for the party.
Rawles expulsion came while he was holding a press conference in which he attacked Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackerays personal assistant Milind Narvekar,blaming him for sidelining senior leaders.
This is not the Shiv Sena that Balasaheb Thackeray created. Today,it has become a party of brokers. Milind Narvekar has blighted the party that our Saheb created. The present leadership of the party is shielding such a man, Rawle said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The 68-year-old Rawle blamed Narvekar for creating a rift between the old guard and Uddhav Thackeray. It took me four years to get a one-on-one appointment with Uddhav Thackeary. When Balasaheb Thackeray was there,this was not the case. He would hear us out. It is the party presidents prerogative to decide who gets the ticket,but at least he should have called me and asked me about my opinion, he said.
Rawle also said Bal Thackeray was keen on removing Milind Narvekar from the party and had publicly said this in front of senior Shiv Sena leaders.
Rawle has been upset for some time. He had lost the 2009 Lok Sabha elections from Mumbai South and the Sena leadership had given indications that it would not give him a ticket in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
On November 23,Rawle had met Raj Thackeray,fuelling speculation he could leave the Sena. After his meeting with Rawle,Uddhav had said all those who were not happy with his leadership could leave the party. While senior Sena leader Manohar Joshi,also a dissident,was quick to issue a public apology,Rawle said he was not going to apologise.
* The 68-year-old is a resident of the Sena stronghold of Dadar
* He had served as the president of the Shiv Senas youth wing the Bhartiya Vidyarthi Sena from 1979 to 1984
* First became an MP in 1991 and got elected five consecutive times
* In 1998,won the Lok Sabha seat by 153 votes
* Lost the 2009 election to Congresss Milind Deora.