Ahead of the Sochi Olympics in February,Russia is taking saliva samples from religiously conservative Muslim women,according to locals in the North Caucasus,gathering DNA so authorities can identify the body parts if any become suicide bombers.
The move coincides with a drive by President Vladimir Putin to crack down on an Islamist insurgency in Dagestan,a province in the foothills of the Caucasus mountains east of the Winter Games sites in Sochi.
Eight women contacted by Reuters said they had been asked to provide swabs of saliva,which can be used to identify them if they blow themselves up.
Locals said the DNA tests were part of a sweep after a suicide bombing in Makhachkala in May.
Police did not respond to a request for comment.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest