Amid growing chorus within the BJP to announce Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as partys prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections,RSS leaders seem to have begun the exercise to forge a consensus among the BJP brass.
RSS leader Bhaiyyaji Joshi,considered number two in the outfit,reportedly held talks with BJP patriarch LK Advani on Sunday.
This comes in the backdrop of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwats reported talks with BJP chief Rajnath Singh a couple of days ago.
Obviously,the prime ministerial candidature is an issue of deliberations, said a BJP source.
The RSS involvement indicate that the BJP has not been able to resolve its differences within its top brass on Modis candidature so far.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The idea is to get Modi formally declared as the partys prime ministerial candidate in September, a BJP Parliamentary Board member considered a Narendra Modi supporter confided recently.
Senior BJP leader and Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley has publicly started telling party leadership to make the formal announcement at the earliest to avoid what he termed as being hit-wicket.
However,a section of party backed by Advani,Sushma Swaraj and Murli Manohar Joshi are learnt to be against early announcement of partys prime ministerial candidate.