Amid growing chorus within the BJP to announce Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as partys prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections,RSS leaders seem to have begun the exercise to forge a consensus among the BJP brass.
RSS leader Bhaiyyaji Joshi,considered number two in the outfit,reportedly held talks with BJP patriarch LK Advani on Sunday.
This comes in the backdrop of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwats reported talks with BJP chief Rajnath Singh a couple of days ago.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Obviously,the prime ministerial candidature is an issue of deliberations, said a BJP source.
The RSS involvement indicate that the BJP has not been able to resolve its differences within its top brass on Modis candidature so far.
The idea is to get Modi formally declared as the partys prime ministerial candidate in September, a BJP Parliamentary Board member considered a Narendra Modi supporter confided recently.
Senior BJP leader and Leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley has publicly started telling party leadership to make the formal announcement at the earliest to avoid what he termed as being hit-wicket.
However,a section of party backed by Advani,Sushma Swaraj and Murli Manohar Joshi are learnt to be against early announcement of partys prime ministerial candidate.