Buoyed by RJD chief Lalu Prasads return from jail and assurances of a pre-poll alliance with Congress,the RJD is most likely to field former CM Rabri Devi from Lalus traditional Saran (Chhapra) Lok Sabha seat in the coming elections. Lalu,who is barred from contesting polls for 11 years after his fodder scam conviction,is set to use it as a blessing in disguise.
RJD president Lalu Prasad,who said the party would take up possible Rabri Devi candidature from Saran,at an opportune time,is understood to have narrowed down to his wifes name. With politically suave younger son Tejashwi just turning 24 and elder son Tej not much given to politics,the RJD is not left with much choice to guard the family bastion. Lalu,who first won from Chhapra in 1977,has not lost any election from this seat barring two that he did not contest. The sailing is expected to get tougher this time with the possibility of a fierce triangular contest between RJD,BJP and JD(U). Senior BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy,who lost to Lalu by over 50,000 votes in last elections,may well throw his hat in ring once again this time.
RJD sources said the party had been keen on fielding strong candidates from Lalus family from Saran and Pataliputra seats. Lalu had lost to his once close friend and JD(U) candidate Ranjan Yadav from Pataliputra seat. Both Lok Sabha seats have sizeable Yadav population.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Though Lalu vowed not to enter even Central Hall till acquitted,he has been keen on getting Rabri Devi to Parliament from Saran. Rabri Devi,currently a member of Bihar Legislative Council,had been attending a series of public meetings to keep the partys chances afloat. Prasad appreciated her hard work in his own way when he told his wife after his return from jail: You have lost weight.