Buoyed by RJD chief Lalu Prasads return from jail and assurances of a pre-poll alliance with Congress,the RJD is most likely to field former CM Rabri Devi from Lalus traditional Saran (Chhapra) Lok Sabha seat in the coming elections. Lalu,who is barred from contesting polls for 11 years after his fodder scam conviction,is set to use it as a blessing in disguise.
RJD president Lalu Prasad,who said the party would take up possible Rabri Devi candidature from Saran,at an opportune time,is understood to have narrowed down to his wifes name. With politically suave younger son Tejashwi just turning 24 and elder son Tej not much given to politics,the RJD is not left with much choice to guard the family bastion. Lalu,who first won from Chhapra in 1977,has not lost any election from this seat barring two that he did not contest. The sailing is expected to get tougher this time with the possibility of a fierce triangular contest between RJD,BJP and JD(U). Senior BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy,who lost to Lalu by over 50,000 votes in last elections,may well throw his hat in ring once again this time.
RJD sources said the party had been keen on fielding strong candidates from Lalus family from Saran and Pataliputra seats. Lalu had lost to his once close friend and JD(U) candidate Ranjan Yadav from Pataliputra seat. Both Lok Sabha seats have sizeable Yadav population.
Though Lalu vowed not to enter even Central Hall till acquitted,he has been keen on getting Rabri Devi to Parliament from Saran. Rabri Devi,currently a member of Bihar Legislative Council,had been attending a series of public meetings to keep the partys chances afloat. Prasad appreciated her hard work in his own way when he told his wife after his return from jail: You have lost weight.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016