Playing the emotional card,Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Thursday sought to remind people of the sacrifices made by her partys leaders who were killed in the Maoist attack in May,and accused Chief Minister Raman Singh of shedding crocodile tears but failing to check the Naxal violence.
Addressing a rally in Kondagaon district of Bastar region,she said,You all know the security situation in the state… what kind of government is this? Innocents are being killed… This year itself,Congress leaders sacrificed their lives in Naxal attacks… We are feeling their loss in a big way today. The Chief Minister was forced to admit his governments failure. But,what is the use of shedding crocodile tears, said Sonia.
Charging the state government with bad governance and poor law and order situation,Sonia said the BJP rule has brought poverty and backwardness in the state. Chhattisgarh is backward in all aspects. Poverty has increased due to bad governance. The Raman Singh government has betrayed the people, she said.
When the state was formed,people had high hopes. Irrespective of the claims made by the BJP government,the reality is different, she said.
Accusing the BJP of indulging in divisive politics,she said the Congress wants to take everybody along. Women here are insecure and people are migrating. Forest dwellers have not been given their rights, she said,adding that Congress policies would help tribals and farmers. with PTI
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016