A day after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh asserted that the Chinese intrusion in eastern Ladakh was a localised problem which would be resolved soon,the BJP on Sunday sought to up the ante with its chief Rajnath Singh asking the government to deal with Beijing firmly and demanding cancellation of the Foreign Ministers forthcoming visit to China till Chinese troops retreat from the Indian soil.
BJP president asked the government to hand over the Daulat Beg Oldie sector to the Army. Despite all this,our Foreign Minister is going to China on a visit. I am sorry but I would humbly request the PM to stop the Foreign Minister. Till the time China leaves Ladakh and goes back,there should not be any visit to Beijing, Rajnath Singh said.
While New Delhi was not keen to escalate tensions with Beijing,the BJP has been egging the government to take a firm line. The BJP chief said the Daulat Beg Oldie sector was under the Army till 2010. The government pulled out the Army from there and handed it over to ITBP,which comes under the Home Ministry.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
I request that without any delay,the area under ITBP be handed back to the Army because no other force can work there. It is a sensitive matter and our country is facing grave danger from outside, he said. The BJP chief said he had cautioned the government as early as five years ago about Chinas plan to encircle India,but the government did nothing.
Party spokesperson Pra-kash Javadekar hit out at the PM for calling it a localised problem. How can it be a localised affair when the Chinese have entered 19 km into our territory and are not going back even after 15 days? They are still very much there. We do not approve the comment, he said. The BJP visited a camp in south Delhi where families of Pakistani Hindus who fled to India were residing. Singh asked the government to draw up a relief and rehabilitation policy for people migrating to India from Pakistan at the earliest and consider their demand for permanent citizenship.