A day after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh asserted that the Chinese intrusion in eastern Ladakh was a localised problem which would be resolved soon,the BJP on Sunday sought to up the ante with its chief Rajnath Singh asking the government to deal with Beijing firmly and demanding cancellation of the Foreign Ministers forthcoming visit to China till Chinese troops retreat from the Indian soil.
BJP president asked the government to hand over the Daulat Beg Oldie sector to the Army. Despite all this,our Foreign Minister is going to China on a visit. I am sorry but I would humbly request the PM to stop the Foreign Minister. Till the time China leaves Ladakh and goes back,there should not be any visit to Beijing, Rajnath Singh said.
While New Delhi was not keen to escalate tensions with Beijing,the BJP has been egging the government to take a firm line. The BJP chief said the Daulat Beg Oldie sector was under the Army till 2010. The government pulled out the Army from there and handed it over to ITBP,which comes under the Home Ministry.
I request that without any delay,the area under ITBP be handed back to the Army because no other force can work there. It is a sensitive matter and our country is facing grave danger from outside, he said. The BJP chief said he had cautioned the government as early as five years ago about Chinas plan to encircle India,but the government did nothing.
Party spokesperson Pra-kash Javadekar hit out at the PM for calling it a localised problem. How can it be a localised affair when the Chinese have entered 19 km into our territory and are not going back even after 15 days? They are still very much there. We do not approve the comment, he said. The BJP visited a camp in south Delhi where families of Pakistani Hindus who fled to India were residing. Singh asked the government to draw up a relief and rehabilitation policy for people migrating to India from Pakistan at the earliest and consider their demand for permanent citizenship.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest