Drawing parallels between the BJPs defeat in Uttarakhand,Himachal Pradesh and Karnataka and the Allied forces setbacks at the hands of German forces in World War II,BJP president Rajnath Singh Saturday asked party workers not to lose hope. He invoked Winston Churchills famous quote to exhort them to work harder to emerge victorious in the Lok Sabha polls and make it BJPs finest hour.
I would like to assure the BJP workers today that though we might have lost in Himachal Pradesh,Uttarakhand,and Karnataka due to certain circumstances,we are committed to emerge as the ultimate victors. The BJP has to win this war in such a way that when Indias history is written,Winston Churchills quote stands true for us as well: This was their finest hour, Singh said in his speech,inaugurating the partys National Executive. I would like to exhort the BJP cadres to strive for decisive victory in the next elections.
Rajnath laid out the broad contours of what could be BJPs promises to the electorate for next elections.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He expressed BJPs disagreement with Left-leaning welfarist approach of the Congress and sought to promise A B Vajpayees approach with emphasis on infrastructure,incentivising producers and investments while deploring the doles-based populist approach of the Congress.
If we are given a chance to rule for at least 10 years,we will make so much difference that the need for any populist measure like Bharat Nirmaan or Food Security Bill will be reduced to a naught, Singh said. You had a glimpse of that during the NDA regime led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
He deplored NREGA kind of job creation and promised creating environment for productive job creation. Prosperity and happiness are not mere words for the BJP but a combination of factors which include regular jobs for millions of unemployed youth,regular income,self-respect and a deep sense of satisfaction in the people of the country, he said. If the BJP is voted to power,we will once again invest in big infrastructure projects like the Vajpayee government and provide the economy a much needed boost and also create the right environment for job creation.
But to shed the impression that BJPs governance model could be only pro-big industries,he promised a modified version of Narendra Modis model of inclusive governance. If voted to power,our motto will be: Khushali main haq ho sabka,pichda rahe na koi tabka (Let everyone be a part of progress,with none being left behind), he said,in what could be a modification of Modis electoral promise of Sabka saath,Sabka vikas .