The AAP effect in Delhi is set to delay the re-entry of former CM B S Yeddyurappa into the BJP for a while,despite senior BJP leader H N Ananth Kumar giving an open call at a BJP state executive meeting on Friday for the return of estranged leaders to the party fold.
BJP president Rajnath Singh,who also attended the state executive,was however non-committal on a timeline for Yeddyurappas return,stating that things are under process and that a decision will be taken soon.
At a media briefing at the end of the executive committee meeting of state leaders,BJP spokesperson and former minister Suresh Kumar said a decision (on the return of Yeddyurappa) from the central leadership will be available in a few days.
Yeddyurappa,who quit the BJP in December 2012 after being forced out as CM in 2011,had met Rajnath on December 20 on the sidelines of a family event at the residence of an RSS leader. An emissary of Yeddyurappa also met Rajnath on Friday on the sidelines of the meeting. The former CM is looking to merge his Karnataka Janata Party,which has six MLAs,with the BJP ahead of the Parliament polls.
Following its humiliating loss to the Congress in the Assembly polls in May this year,the BJP is banking on the return of Yeddyurappa,a strong leader of the Lingayat community,to repeat its 2009 poll performance.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
Sources in the Yeddyurappa camp said the BJP national leadership has sought time to complete the formality of bringing the former CM back on account of a mood for probity in politics prevalent since the AAP won the Delhi polls and the passage of the Lokpal Bill by Parliament.
They need to convey the decision on the return of Yeddyurappa to senior party leader L K Advani and convince him that it is imperative for the fortunes of the BJP in Karnataka, sources said.