The Supreme Court Wednesday reserved its order on the removal of the special public prosecutor in a disproportionate assets case against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in a Bangalore court.
Apart from deciding about the special public prosecutor,a bench of Justices B S Chauhan and S A Bobde will take the final call on AIADMK chiefs plea to extend the tenure of the trial judge,who is to retire on September 30. The Karnataka government had opposed the plea of extending tenure saying it will set a bad precedent.
Jayalalithaa had moved court after the state government issued a notification removing Singh as prosecutor.
Jayalalithaa claimed her rivals wanted to keep the sword of the case hanging on her head. The court recorded submissions by DMK General Secretary K Anbalagan,who opposed Jayalalithaas petition against removal of Singh,and said her petition should not be allowed as she was responsible for delaying trial.
The case had been shifted to Karnataka during the DMK rule in Tamil Nadu.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016