HP ZBook 17
Rs 1.85 lakh – Value for money: ***
Last week,HP expanded its Z-series with the launch of the first workstation ultrabook and desktop . The ultrabooks,ZBook 14,15 and 17,are among the first Windows laptops for professional use. These have fourth-generation Intel Haswell processors and powerful graphics cards and is priced between Rs 1.5 lakh and Rs 1.85 lakh. The workstations Z420,Z620 and Z820 feature Intel Xeon E5-1600v2 and E5-2600v2 processors and up to 15 TB of storage. The price is between Rs 1.9 lakh and Rs 2.3 lakh.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Rs 34,099 – Value for money: ***
Hybrid devices are getting better. Asus,which was among the first firms to launch tablets with keyboards,has launched the Transformer Book T100 for Rs 34,099. This machine is light at 1.07 kg,and if you detach the keyboard,the 10.1-inch Windows 8.1 tablet weighs 550 g. While the weight with a keyboard is ideal,the tablet alone is slightly heavy. Asus has packed a quad-core Atom processor in the T100 and claims battery life to be 11 hours. The T100 supports USB 3.0,WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 and comes with Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013. Asus also launched a 7-inch 3G tablet called Fonepad 7. It is powered by Intel Atom Z2560 processor and runs Android 4.2. It costs Rs 17,499.
Olympus Stylus 1
Rs 44,990 – Value for money: **1/2
Olympus has launched Stylus 1,a compact camera that is priced at Rs 44,990. Olympus says this camera has the look and feel of a DSLR. The camera has an electronic viewfinder,which is great for new users. Rival Sony has launched several compact cameras such as RX100-II and the RX10 and the Stylus 1 appears to be competing with them. The key feature of this camera is its 10.7x zoom and has WiFi connectivity too. The camera has a 12-MP CMOS sensor and promises good low-light performance with f2.8 aperture and ISO 100 to 12,800. It has a 3-inch tilting touchscreen and can shoot 1080p video.
Calling selfie lovers
Zen Ultrafone Amaze
Rs 17,999 – Value for money: ***1/2
Indian smartphone makers are beginning to launch flagship phones above the Rs 15,000 mark. After Micromax,Karbonn and Intex,Zen Mobiles has launched a phone in this price range. Ultrafone Amaze 701 FHD comes with Android Jelly Bean (4.2). The Amaze has a 5-inch 1080p display and the screen is made of sturdy Gorilla Glass 2. The processor clocks in at 1.5 GHz quad-core and has a 13-MP rear camera and an 8-MP front camera. The phone weighs 140 grams,and feels good to hold. In the box,there are screen protectors and a flip cover. The internal memory is 16 GB (expandable to 64 GB) and the battery (2,050 mAh) can last a day of moderate to heavy use.