Terming the last nine years of Congress-led UPA regime as a wasted opportunity for the country,the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley took a veiled dig at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh without taking his name by indirectly suggesting that he lacked political experience and advocated that prime ministers should have extensive political experience. In this backdrop,he indirectly suggested his party to project a leader at the earliest without naming Narendra Modi.
There is a crisis today. I believe that last 9-9.5 years of countrys journey was a wasted opportunity. The power structure of governance (during the UPA) had a structural defect. In a democracy the Prime Minister should have the last word. It has not happened in this government. This should serve us a lesson for future, Jaitley said addressing a seminar on the subject of India 2020 Challenges Ahead in the capital.
Underlining that the policy paralysis with the UPA government was a direct outcome of this structural defect,Jaitley,suggested that PMs should be persons with extensive political experience. Jaitley pointed that this handicap within the UPA was further worsened by the fact that an unaccountable advisory body outside the government got a final word in this regime.
This was a structural defect, Jaitley said,without naming Congress president Sonia Gandhi who heads the influential National Advisory Council that has guided mega subsidy schemes NREGA and Food Security Bill for the government.
The BJP leader said that the next elections would
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
provide an opportunity before the country to opt between dynastic or able leadership.
We (BJP) are criticised for having too many leaders. But the countrys mindset has turned against dynastic leadership. Angry people will vote a government out. The next elections are turning into a presidential contest, Jaitley claimed advocating the need for BJP for to declare its Prime Ministerial candidate at the earliest.