While the BJP leaders revelled in Narendra Modis projection as the partys prime ministerial candidate on September 13,party president Rajnath Singh began his own project,starting to do state-wise spadework for electoral preparations. In fact,in less than a months time he held a series of core group meetings with all states (except the five poll-bound states,and Bihar which is preparing for Modis rally). However,Singh has been forced to put his project on hold for a couple of days due to food poisoning. Not just that,he also had to cancel his meeting in Hyderabad and is likely to remain indisposed for some a couple of days in Delhi itself. But its not exactly complete rest for him. The continuing jostling for partys chief ministerial candidate in Delhi is keeping him busy.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The race for the post of special secretary (internal security) has narrowed down,with names of two senior IPS officers being now considered for the post. A woman IPS officer from Union Territory cadre of 1977 batch,Kanwaljit Deol,is being considered while the other contender is Jayanto N Choudhury,a 1978 batch IPS officer of Assam Meghalaya cadre. While Deol is DG (Investigation),National Humar Rights Commission,Choudhury is the DG of Assam. The post of special secretary (internal security),considered a coveted job,is vacant since last month after the retirement of S Jayaraman. If Deol lands the job,she could be the first woman to occupy the post. Will another male bastion fall?
While a US visa for Narendra Modi remains a contentious issue,his supporters have decided to pay homage to the anti-US Vietnam War General Vo Ngyuen Giap on behalf of the BJP prime ministerial candidate. A day after Defence Minister A K Antony visited Vietnamese embassy to pay his homage,former Delhi MLA Vijay Jolly on Wednesday visited the embassy and issued a statement claiming that he has paid the homage on behalf of Modi as well. Incidentally,Modi,who spoke to Antony the other day,in his tweets has not deemed it fit to pay homage to the departed anti-US war hero. Jolly appears to be trying to compensate for that.
It pays to be the director of the countrys premier investigating agency,Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). Former CBI director A P Singh,who is currently a member of Union Public Service Commission,has been provided security,which includes guards at his residence. Singh,who retired in November last year,was only allotted a PSO but after it was reported that there was some threat,the government decided to enhance his security. During his tenure as CBI chief,Singh handled several high-profile cases like 2G spectrum,Sohrabuddin encounter,Dara Singh encounter and CWG scam.