While the BJP leaders revelled in Narendra Modis projection as the partys prime ministerial candidate on September 13,party president Rajnath Singh began his own project,starting to do state-wise spadework for electoral preparations. In fact,in less than a months time he held a series of core group meetings with all states (except the five poll-bound states,and Bihar which is preparing for Modis rally). However,Singh has been forced to put his project on hold for a couple of days due to food poisoning. Not just that,he also had to cancel his meeting in Hyderabad and is likely to remain indisposed for some a couple of days in Delhi itself. But its not exactly complete rest for him. The continuing jostling for partys chief ministerial candidate in Delhi is keeping him busy.
The race for the post of special secretary (internal security) has narrowed down,with names of two senior IPS officers being now considered for the post. A woman IPS officer from Union Territory cadre of 1977 batch,Kanwaljit Deol,is being considered while the other contender is Jayanto N Choudhury,a 1978 batch IPS officer of Assam Meghalaya cadre. While Deol is DG (Investigation),National Humar Rights Commission,Choudhury is the DG of Assam. The post of special secretary (internal security),considered a coveted job,is vacant since last month after the retirement of S Jayaraman. If Deol lands the job,she could be the first woman to occupy the post. Will another male bastion fall?
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
While a US visa for Narendra Modi remains a contentious issue,his supporters have decided to pay homage to the anti-US Vietnam War General Vo Ngyuen Giap on behalf of the BJP prime ministerial candidate. A day after Defence Minister A K Antony visited Vietnamese embassy to pay his homage,former Delhi MLA Vijay Jolly on Wednesday visited the embassy and issued a statement claiming that he has paid the homage on behalf of Modi as well. Incidentally,Modi,who spoke to Antony the other day,in his tweets has not deemed it fit to pay homage to the departed anti-US war hero. Jolly appears to be trying to compensate for that.
It pays to be the director of the countrys premier investigating agency,Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). Former CBI director A P Singh,who is currently a member of Union Public Service Commission,has been provided security,which includes guards at his residence. Singh,who retired in November last year,was only allotted a PSO but after it was reported that there was some threat,the government decided to enhance his security. During his tenure as CBI chief,Singh handled several high-profile cases like 2G spectrum,Sohrabuddin encounter,Dara Singh encounter and CWG scam.