After National Security Advisor Mahmud Ali Durrani,Deputy Attorney General Sardar Mohammad Ghazi,also the Special Public Prosecutor in the Mumbai terror attacks case,has been sacked by the Pakistan government for making controversial remarks on the lone captured terrorist Ajmal Kasab. Islamabad was also back in denial mode today with Navy chief Admiral Noman Bashir claiming there was no proof that Kasab took the sea route from Pakistan to carry out the Mumbai attacks.
Ghazi was fired by President Asif Ali Zardari who also removed him from the post of Deputy Attorney General,according to an official notification quoted by Dawn News channel. It did not give any reasons for his removal and no new official was appointed to the post of Special Public Prosecutor. His sacking came more than a week after he sparked a controversy claiming that Islamabad had formally requested India to hand over Kasab and that he was a prime suspect in 26/11.
Ghazis comments on February 18 were denied hours later by the Foreign Office which said no formal request had been made to India for Kasabs custody.
Marking yet another flip-flop by Pakistan,Navy chief Admiral Noman Bashir told reporters today: We have seen no evidence that confirms he (Kasab) went from Pakistan to Mumbai. This contradicts Interior Ministry chief Rehman Maliks admission two weeks ago that the Mumbai attacks were partly plotted on Pakistan soil and launched from its shores.
The evidence that I have doesnt show that the terrorists went from this country. This is Indias claim from day one. Even before the Mumbai incidents had ended,India was saying that the terrorists had used the sea route, Bashir said.
If they have evaded us and the Indian Navy which is ten times bigger than our navy and cheated them along with the Coast Guard,which is 12 times bigger than our Coast Guard,what shall I say… And if Kasab and others reached Mumbai via our waters,the question is what was the Indian naval and maritime forces doing?