On a day she met CPM leaders Prakash Karat and Sitaram Yechury and DMK leader Kanimozhi in Delhi,YSR Congress Party working president Y S Vijayamma said her partys stand on alliances after the 2014 general elections will be in line with secular and regional parties and the Left. She also rejected the Congress charge that her party had supported creation of Telangana.
These are all baseless lies. Our partys stand was made clear in the letter we had written to the Home Minister in December 2012 where in we had clearly stated that we respect the sentiments of the people of Telangana,but wanted the Centre to find a solution acceptable to all,taking into consideration all aspects and problems in a fair,just and equitable manner as a father would do, she said.
Asked whether her party would support the Congress after the elections a point repeatedly being made by TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu as he alleges match-fixing between the two parties she said,No chance.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Our stand will depend on the political situation which will emerge then. But most probably,our stand will be in line with secular,regional parties and the Left, she said. Chandrababu Naidu has Jagan phobia. In fact,it is he who is colluding with the Congress. He gave a letter in favour of creation of Telangana….
With party chief and son Jagan Mohan Reddy continuing his fast,Vijayamma is set to meet the President to demand his intervention to keep the state united.
At her meeting with Karat and Yechury,both sides decided to work together to oppose the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh. Later,both sides said no political meaning should be read into the meeting although sources said it could be the beginning of a political realignment of sorts in Andhra,with TDP showing signs of moving to BJP camp.
Todays priority is to restore normalcy in Andhra Pradesh. The Congress and Central government should bring on board everybody concerned to restore a sense of normalcy, Yechury said.
Meanwhile,Chandrababu Naidu continued his fast for the second day. Attacking the Congress,he demanded an all-party meeting on the issue. This government is going to be there for six months. There is no chance of it coming back. How are parties of the future going to settle this problem? What is their commitment? Why cant you call an all-party meeting at the national level,discuss it with everybody? Sort it out amicably, he said.