On a day she met CPM leaders Prakash Karat and Sitaram Yechury and DMK leader Kanimozhi in Delhi,YSR Congress Party working president Y S Vijayamma said her partys stand on alliances after the 2014 general elections will be in line with secular and regional parties and the Left. She also rejected the Congress charge that her party had supported creation of Telangana.
These are all baseless lies. Our partys stand was made clear in the letter we had written to the Home Minister in December 2012 where in we had clearly stated that we respect the sentiments of the people of Telangana,but wanted the Centre to find a solution acceptable to all,taking into consideration all aspects and problems in a fair,just and equitable manner as a father would do, she said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Asked whether her party would support the Congress after the elections a point repeatedly being made by TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu as he alleges match-fixing between the two parties she said,No chance.
Our stand will depend on the political situation which will emerge then. But most probably,our stand will be in line with secular,regional parties and the Left, she said. Chandrababu Naidu has Jagan phobia. In fact,it is he who is colluding with the Congress. He gave a letter in favour of creation of Telangana….
With party chief and son Jagan Mohan Reddy continuing his fast,Vijayamma is set to meet the President to demand his intervention to keep the state united.
At her meeting with Karat and Yechury,both sides decided to work together to oppose the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh. Later,both sides said no political meaning should be read into the meeting although sources said it could be the beginning of a political realignment of sorts in Andhra,with TDP showing signs of moving to BJP camp.
Todays priority is to restore normalcy in Andhra Pradesh. The Congress and Central government should bring on board everybody concerned to restore a sense of normalcy, Yechury said.
Meanwhile,Chandrababu Naidu continued his fast for the second day. Attacking the Congress,he demanded an all-party meeting on the issue. This government is going to be there for six months. There is no chance of it coming back. How are parties of the future going to settle this problem? What is their commitment? Why cant you call an all-party meeting at the national level,discuss it with everybody? Sort it out amicably, he said.