Modi,who arrived here to attend the BJP Parliamentary Board meeting,to be held on Thursday,called on Singh to discuss the issue of assigning campaign-related responsibilities to office bearers and leaders. The BJP Parliamentary Board,in its meeting on July 8,had authorised Singh and Modi to jointly constitute committees to execute various aspects of the campaign. BJP sources claimed that they discussed this during their more than four hour-long meeting. Party general secretary and RSS pointsman Ramlal was learnt to have been called for the meeting.
Sources,in the context,indicated that the announcement of sub-committees for executing campaign plan may be accompanied by assigning election responsibilities for poll-bound states Chhattisgarh,Delhi,Madhya Pradesh,Mizoram and Rajasthan. Party sources indicated senior leaders like Nitin Gadkari,Venkaiah Naidu,Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley may be asked to monitor the process.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
The BJP Parliamentary Board meet follows Modis meeting with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat at Nagpur on Tuesday. These meetings are clear indication of the RSSs active involvement in BJPs poll preparations and also that party leaders have reconciled to agree to RSS brokered arrangement within the BJP. In this context,party patriarch L K Advani on Wednesday praised the RSS as the glue that binds them together.