The BJPs impressive show in the recent Assembly polls seems to have led the RJD to redraw its poll strategy,with the party looking at BJPs Narendra Modi and not Bihar CM Nitish Kumar as enemy number one.
RJD is buoyed by party chief Lalu Prasad getting bail in a fodder scam case and coming out of jail. Lalu,who travelled to Patna by road Tuesday,made the party line amply clear.
Lalu Prasads wife Rabri Devi had also indicated that Nitishs party JD(U) would be nowhere in the top three in the Lok Sabha polls. There is a belief in the RJD that raising the secularism pitch and targeting Narendra Modi would help it bounce back and make an alliance with Congress likely,more so with JD(U) non-committal on joining hands with Congress.
The RJD has left it to the Congress to decide. A close aide of Lalu Prasad told The Indian Express: Recent poll results have shown that Modi is a surely a factor. If Congress has to think of some leaders to give a befitting reply to Narendra Modi,Laluji should be the frontrunner and can be a star campaigner in Bihar and elsewhere. It is up to Congress to take a call on alliance.
He defended Rahul Gandhi saying the Congress vice-president must not be blamed as failures are part of politics. Sources said RJD planned to remind people how Prasad was missed in Bihar politics during his incarceration.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
Laluji could have taken a flight to reach Patna. But it is a great occasion to know public sentiments, said a senior RJD leader accompanying him to Patna. Asked if it was part of the RJD strategy to ignore Nitish and target the BJP,RJD spokesperson Iliyas Hussain said: We have to go by ground realities. It is true that we have been treating BJP as our prime rival. Though it was Nitish Kumar,who proved our nemesis in past elections but present political reality asks for need to attack Narendra Modi.