The BJPs impressive show in the recent Assembly polls seems to have led the RJD to redraw its poll strategy,with the party looking at BJPs Narendra Modi and not Bihar CM Nitish Kumar as enemy number one.
RJD is buoyed by party chief Lalu Prasad getting bail in a fodder scam case and coming out of jail. Lalu,who travelled to Patna by road Tuesday,made the party line amply clear.
Lalu Prasads wife Rabri Devi had also indicated that Nitishs party JD(U) would be nowhere in the top three in the Lok Sabha polls. There is a belief in the RJD that raising the secularism pitch and targeting Narendra Modi would help it bounce back and make an alliance with Congress likely,more so with JD(U) non-committal on joining hands with Congress.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The RJD has left it to the Congress to decide. A close aide of Lalu Prasad told The Indian Express: Recent poll results have shown that Modi is a surely a factor. If Congress has to think of some leaders to give a befitting reply to Narendra Modi,Laluji should be the frontrunner and can be a star campaigner in Bihar and elsewhere. It is up to Congress to take a call on alliance.
He defended Rahul Gandhi saying the Congress vice-president must not be blamed as failures are part of politics. Sources said RJD planned to remind people how Prasad was missed in Bihar politics during his incarceration.
Laluji could have taken a flight to reach Patna. But it is a great occasion to know public sentiments, said a senior RJD leader accompanying him to Patna. Asked if it was part of the RJD strategy to ignore Nitish and target the BJP,RJD spokesperson Iliyas Hussain said: We have to go by ground realities. It is true that we have been treating BJP as our prime rival. Though it was Nitish Kumar,who proved our nemesis in past elections but present political reality asks for need to attack Narendra Modi.