A mortar round landed inside the Russian Embassy compound in Damascus on Sunday,state media said,as Moscow said it was willing to send military observers to secure Syrian efforts to surrender its chemical weapons to international control.
Russia is a leading backer of Syrias President Bashar Assad and rebels fighting to topple his regime have previously targeted the diplomatic mission in Damascus with rockets and mortars.
In Moscow,the Russian Foreign Ministry confirmed the attack,saying rebels fired mortars that landed on the grounds of their embassy. Three workers were injured in the attack,the ministry said,adding that the injuries were not life-threatening.
In another mortar attack outside the capital,two people were injured when shells slammed into a residential building in the suburb of Jaramana,SANA said.
The attacks come as diplomatic wrangling continues over how to collect Syrias arsenal of chemical and biological agents to prevent any repeat of the August 21 attack outside Damascus.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More