Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla has said the government will review the states prohibition law,adding that outsiders are attacking Mizoram with drugs and spurious liquor and that it is sometimes necessary for the government to condone moves by voluntary outfits against such elements in the best interest of the sons of the soil.
Things like prostitution and alcohol are not really going to disappear as long as the world exists. Our governors contention that Mizoram is the wettest dry state is true and we all know it well,theres no denying it, Lal Thanhawla said in an interview on a popular talk show.
Is it (prohibition) good? Are our youths dying (from spurious liquor) or taking to drugs? These need to be examined and we have set up a state council to look into it… The government will take necessary action at the appropriate time, he said.
No one should take the law in their own hands but if someone is trying to repair our people then the government will make exceptions, he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest