Microsoft Corp has narrowed its list of external candidates to replace chief executive Steve Ballmer to about five people,including Ford Motor Cos current chief Alan Mulally and former Nokia CEO Stephen Elop,according to sources familiar with the matter.
The worlds largest software maker also has at least three internal candidates on its shortlist,including former Skype CEO Tony Bates,who is now responsible for Microsofts business development,and Satya Nadella,the companys cloud and enterprise chief,the sources said.
Despite the shortlist,the process could still take a few more months,the sources said. In August,Ballmer said he would retire within 12 months.
The names of other candidates could not be learned,but the search committee is interviewing executives from a wide range of sectors,including life sciences and consumer,the sources said.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked