Microsoft Corp has narrowed its list of external candidates to replace chief executive Steve Ballmer to about five people,including Ford Motor Cos current chief Alan Mulally and former Nokia CEO Stephen Elop,according to sources familiar with the matter.
The worlds largest software maker also has at least three internal candidates on its shortlist,including former Skype CEO Tony Bates,who is now responsible for Microsofts business development,and Satya Nadella,the companys cloud and enterprise chief,the sources said.
Despite the shortlist,the process could still take a few more months,the sources said. In August,Ballmer said he would retire within 12 months.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The names of other candidates could not be learned,but the search committee is interviewing executives from a wide range of sectors,including life sciences and consumer,the sources said.