Reactivating her social engineering formula ahead of the Lok Sabha polls,BSP chief Mayawati on Thursday wooed the Brahmins claiming Dalits and Brahmins were facing equal atrocities under the SP government in Uttar Pradesh.
Citing an incident in Etawah,where a Brahmin family was allegedly assaulted and humiliated publicly for giving shelter to an eloped couple,Mayawati said the upper castes,especially Brahmins,are facing the atrocities.
Addressing a convention of BSPs Brahmin Bhaichara Committee at the residence of partys Brahmin face Satish Chandra Misra,Mayawati urged Brahmins to support the BSP as they have seen the failure of UPA and NDA governments at Centre while her partys government in UP had done enough for them with its limited resources.
At a press conference before the meeting,she said opposition parties are misguiding the upper castes about the BSP as the party of a particular caste though her party takes care of all communities and religions.
Mayawati said it was the BSP that urged the Centre for reservation for backward upper castes along with SC/ST,OBC and religious minorities. She claimed the BSP and its government had given due representation to all upper castes,especially Brahmins,in the government and organisation and worked for their benefit.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Mayawati said in the assembly polls,the Congress and BJP made upper castes support the SP after sensing danger for themselves as a large number of upper castes were coming in the BSP fold.
But this time,Mayawati said,she has tasked Misra and other Brahmin leaders to inform Brahmins about the initiatives taken by the BSP government for them. She said Misra will hold meetings in 36 constituencies to garner Brahmins support for BSP. She then announced the names of candidates for these 36 constituencies. They included 18 Brahmins. R K Chaudhary,who returned to BSP after a decade,has been fielded from Mohanlalganj. Rakesh Dhar Tripathi,a former minister who had left the BSP before assembly polls and returned this year,has been named from Mirzapur.