The countrys largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India Thursday said it will recall 1,492 units of Ertiga,Swift,Dzire and A-Star models produced in October this year to rectify a possible problem with steering column.
The company said it will inspect the steering column for 1,492 vehicles Ertiga: 306 units,Swift: 592 units,Dzire: 581 units and A-Star: 13 units manufactured between October 19,2013 and 26th October 2013.
If the steering column is found defective,the company will replace the steering column free of cost, MSI said in a statement.
The new steering column has been despatched to dealer workshops. This exercise is limited to vehicles within the above specified range and does not pertain to any other vehicle of the company or any of its exports,MSI added.
Maruti dealers will contact owners,it said. The last big recall made by the company was in February 2010 when it recalled about one lakh units of its flagship export model A-Star to replace a faulty fuel pump part.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Automobile firms have been pro-active in recalling vehicles in case of safety issues since industry body SIAM initiated a voluntary recall policy in last July.