The countrys largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India Thursday said it will recall 1,492 units of Ertiga,Swift,Dzire and A-Star models produced in October this year to rectify a possible problem with steering column.
The company said it will inspect the steering column for 1,492 vehicles Ertiga: 306 units,Swift: 592 units,Dzire: 581 units and A-Star: 13 units manufactured between October 19,2013 and 26th October 2013.
If the steering column is found defective,the company will replace the steering column free of cost, MSI said in a statement.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The new steering column has been despatched to dealer workshops. This exercise is limited to vehicles within the above specified range and does not pertain to any other vehicle of the company or any of its exports,MSI added.
Maruti dealers will contact owners,it said. The last big recall made by the company was in February 2010 when it recalled about one lakh units of its flagship export model A-Star to replace a faulty fuel pump part.
Automobile firms have been pro-active in recalling vehicles in case of safety issues since industry body SIAM initiated a voluntary recall policy in last July.