Lashkar says we did it,threatens more attacks in Valley

Claiming responsibility for the Kupwara infiltration in which 17 militants and eight Army personnel,including a Major,were killed in gunbattles over five days.

Written by Majid Jahangir | Srinagar | Published: March 26, 2009 9:42 am

Claiming responsibility for the Kupwara infiltration in which 17 militants and eight Army personnel,including a Major,were killed in gunbattles over five days,the Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Toiba today threatened to intensify attacks across the Kashmir Valley.

“The Lashkar will continue its struggle for the freedom of Kashmir… And we will continue to sacrifice our lives… In the five-day encounter,the Army suffered huge losses… the coming days will prove to be more lethal for the Army,” said Lashkar spokesman Abdullah Ghaznavi.

“India should understand that the freedom struggle in Kashmir is not over. It is active with full force,” Ghaznavi said. “The Army had launched a combing operation in Chowkibal forest of Kupwara. But the Lashkar had already received information about their movement and laid an ambush,” he said.

For all the latest News Archive News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results