L K Advani and Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah were on Friday engaged in a war of words over Article 370,that gives a special status to the state. While the BJP leader advised Abdullah to not use words like cheating and deceiving,the latter asked the senior BJP leader to explain his silence on the issue when the NDA was in power.
Against the backdrop of Omar criticising him for demanding abrogation of Article 370 of the Constitution,Advani,in his latest blog posting on Friday,said,Omar Abdullah,Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir State,has every right to disagree with the BJP on matters relating to J&K. But I would advise him never to use offensive language and words like cheating and deceiving in that context.
Advani had recently said Article 370 should be revoked and Omar responded to this without naming Advani and slamming him for raising the bogey of revocation of the constitutional provision.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Advani,in his latest blog post,said the BJP and its predecessor Jan Sangh has been very consistent in their opposition to this provision in the Constitution and cited from a biography of Sardar Patel to highlight how even a strong section of the Congress was not on the same page as with Pandit Nehru on this issue.
Omar on Friday hit back at Advani writing on microblogging site Twitter that the BJP veteran should explain his silence on abrogation of Article 370 between 1998 and 2004 when the NDA was ruling at the Centre.
Instead of advising me to show restraint,Advani Ji should devote some blog space to explain his silence over Article 370 between 1998-2004, Omar said.
Perhaps he can also blog about what constitutional mechanism he plans to follow to repeal Article 370. I might learn something from his wisdom, Omar added.