L K Advani and Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah were on Friday engaged in a war of words over Article 370,that gives a special status to the state. While the BJP leader advised Abdullah to not use words like cheating and deceiving,the latter asked the senior BJP leader to explain his silence on the issue when the NDA was in power.
Against the backdrop of Omar criticising him for demanding abrogation of Article 370 of the Constitution,Advani,in his latest blog posting on Friday,said,Omar Abdullah,Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir State,has every right to disagree with the BJP on matters relating to J&K. But I would advise him never to use offensive language and words like cheating and deceiving in that context.
Advani had recently said Article 370 should be revoked and Omar responded to this without naming Advani and slamming him for raising the bogey of revocation of the constitutional provision.
Advani,in his latest blog post,said the BJP and its predecessor Jan Sangh has been very consistent in their opposition to this provision in the Constitution and cited from a biography of Sardar Patel to highlight how even a strong section of the Congress was not on the same page as with Pandit Nehru on this issue.
Omar on Friday hit back at Advani writing on microblogging site Twitter that the BJP veteran should explain his silence on abrogation of Article 370 between 1998 and 2004 when the NDA was ruling at the Centre.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Instead of advising me to show restraint,Advani Ji should devote some blog space to explain his silence over Article 370 between 1998-2004, Omar said.
Perhaps he can also blog about what constitutional mechanism he plans to follow to repeal Article 370. I might learn something from his wisdom, Omar added.