While the Uttarakhand government continues with its plan to resume the Puja at Kedarnath temple on September 11,it will not mark the restoration of Kedardham Yatra following the mid-June disaster caused by the flash floods and floods in Uttarakhand.
On Sunday,Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna held a meeting with the Badrinath-Kedarnath temple committee and gave shape to the September 11 Puja ceremony at the Kedarnath shrine. After the meeting Bahuguna said only a select group of people including members of temple committee,NDRF,policemen and officers,would be present on the date. The Puja will begin at 7 am and continue till 11 am, Bahuguna said.
He said a temple committee will give him a list of 24 people who have been praying regularly at the temple. These will be allowed to perform the prayers on the first day. Following the first 24,the committee will rotate the duties of the people who are supposed to perform Pujas at the Kedarnath temple. After every 10 days,the 24 people at Kedarnath will be changed, he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The CM also told reporters that the government has denied permission for any pilgrim to use the Paidal Marg (trekking route) in Kedar valley on September 11. The trek route is still not safe. If the weather conditions allow the government to resume the yatra for the remainder of the season,it will take a decision at its meeting with temple committee on September 30.