While the Uttarakhand government continues with its plan to resume the Puja at Kedarnath temple on September 11,it will not mark the restoration of Kedardham Yatra following the mid-June disaster caused by the flash floods and floods in Uttarakhand.
On Sunday,Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna held a meeting with the Badrinath-Kedarnath temple committee and gave shape to the September 11 Puja ceremony at the Kedarnath shrine. After the meeting Bahuguna said only a select group of people including members of temple committee,NDRF,policemen and officers,would be present on the date. The Puja will begin at 7 am and continue till 11 am, Bahuguna said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He said a temple committee will give him a list of 24 people who have been praying regularly at the temple. These will be allowed to perform the prayers on the first day. Following the first 24,the committee will rotate the duties of the people who are supposed to perform Pujas at the Kedarnath temple. After every 10 days,the 24 people at Kedarnath will be changed, he said.
The CM also told reporters that the government has denied permission for any pilgrim to use the Paidal Marg (trekking route) in Kedar valley on September 11. The trek route is still not safe. If the weather conditions allow the government to resume the yatra for the remainder of the season,it will take a decision at its meeting with temple committee on September 30.