2G spectrum scam: Kalaignar TV director and DMK chief M Karunanidhis relative P Amirtham on Friday told the Special CBI court hearing the 2G spectrum scam case that DMK MP Kanimozhi,who is facing trial on allegations of corruption and obtaining illegal gratification for the TV channel,was not involved in the decision making after her resignation from the board of the company and her appointment as a Rajya Sabha MP.
Amirtham was testifying in the court as a prosecution witness,but resiled from his earlier statement given to the CBI in which he had supported the agencys claim that Kanimozhi had continued to take active interest in the day-to-day working of the company.
The statement to the effect that nevertheless she used to take keen interest in the day-to-day affairs of the company has been recorded without my knowledge, said the witness. He was subsequently cross-examined by Public Prosecutor U U Lalit.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Amirtham also told the court of Special Judge O P Saini Kanimozhi was initially very reluctant to join Kalaignar TV but under pressure from her father and former Tamil Nadu chief minister Karunanidhi,she agreed to it.