2G spectrum scam: Kalaignar TV director and DMK chief M Karunanidhis relative P Amirtham on Friday told the Special CBI court hearing the 2G spectrum scam case that DMK MP Kanimozhi,who is facing trial on allegations of corruption and obtaining illegal gratification for the TV channel,was not involved in the decision making after her resignation from the board of the company and her appointment as a Rajya Sabha MP.
Amirtham was testifying in the court as a prosecution witness,but resiled from his earlier statement given to the CBI in which he had supported the agencys claim that Kanimozhi had continued to take active interest in the day-to-day working of the company.
The statement to the effect that nevertheless she used to take keen interest in the day-to-day affairs of the company has been recorded without my knowledge, said the witness. He was subsequently cross-examined by Public Prosecutor U U Lalit.
Amirtham also told the court of Special Judge O P Saini Kanimozhi was initially very reluctant to join Kalaignar TV but under pressure from her father and former Tamil Nadu chief minister Karunanidhi,she agreed to it.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016