Censuring the conduct of the Karnataka government,the Supreme Court Friday stayed the trial proceedings in a Bangalore court against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa in a corruption case.
A Bench of Justices B S Chauhan and S A Bobde ordered a stay on the proceedings while asking the Karnataka government to file its reply to her petition against the manner in which orders withdrawing the special prosecutor in the case was passed.
It is not the way to deal with the matter. We want to now hear the matter fully. If trial is required to be brought to this court,we will conduct the trial too but we now want to hear it. It is too much…, observed a Bench,expressing its displeasure.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Jayalalithaa had approached the apex court second time in less than a fortnight on the decision of the state government to remove G Bhavani Singh as the prosecutor.
Previously on September 6,the court had simply disposed of the matter after the Karnataka government backtracked on the issue of directly removing Singh and also agreed to withdraw the contentious notification.
Admitting the procedural lapses,the government conceded before the SC that it was withdrawing the order to take off Singh as special public prosecutor in the case since it was issued without consulting the Chief Justice of High Court.