Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Sunday extended his partys support to YSR Congress chief Jaganmohan Reddy who is on a nationwide tour seeking support for his fight against carving out Telangana from Andhra Pradesh.
Division of state is a political,social,economic and emotional issue. In case of Andhra Pradesh,the people of the state should have been consulted and a consensus developed before any decision is taken. It should not be done for narrow political,electoral interest. A sensible political dialogue is missing in the whole process, Naveen told reporters after Reddy met him here to seek his support on the issue. The meeting lasted for about 15 minutes.
Reddy said Article 3 of the Constitution,which allows the Centre to create new States,should be amended to prevent division of states. A unanimous resolution should have been passed in the state Assembly,he said. Jagan has already met BJP president Rajnath Singh,CPM leader Sitaram Yechury,CPI general secretary S Sudhakar Reddy and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. Except Mamata,no one has so far expressed support for Jagans move to oppose Telangana statehood.
Reddys discussion with Patnaik came four days after he met Mamata Banerjee and urged her party to oppose the Telangana Bill in Parliament.
Seeking united efforts to prevent bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh,Reddy said If it is not stopped it could happen to any state tomorrow. It will kill democracy. Let Andhra Pradesh not be a precedent for the divisive tactics of the party in power at the Centre.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Naveen however denied of any discussion on the third front during the meeting.