An Indian,extradited to the US following an Interpol alert for allegedly raping a 14-year-old American girl in 2009,has been charged with rape,sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
Amit Singh,32,was extradited to the US from India last week and has been arraigned on a grand jury indictment charging him with rape in the first and second degrees,sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
He was remanded and is due back in court on October 11,Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice said. He faces 25 years in prison.
On March 11,2009,Singh approached the girl walking past his house to her school. He tried to coax her into his home and then grabbed her when she refused. He forced her inside his home where he raped her,and then drove her to school. The victim told a teacher about the incident.
Singh fled the country five days after the attack and one day before the victim identified him in a photo array presented by police. His return to the US to face charges is a result of an international manhunt.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More