An Indian,extradited to the US following an Interpol alert for allegedly raping a 14-year-old American girl in 2009,has been charged with rape,sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
Amit Singh,32,was extradited to the US from India last week and has been arraigned on a grand jury indictment charging him with rape in the first and second degrees,sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.
He was remanded and is due back in court on October 11,Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice said. He faces 25 years in prison.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
On March 11,2009,Singh approached the girl walking past his house to her school. He tried to coax her into his home and then grabbed her when she refused. He forced her inside his home where he raped her,and then drove her to school. The victim told a teacher about the incident.
Singh fled the country five days after the attack and one day before the victim identified him in a photo array presented by police. His return to the US to face charges is a result of an international manhunt.