As Prime Minister Manmohan Singh left for Russia and China on a five-day visit,he acknowledged that India and China have areas of concern and that the two sides are addressing them without letting them affect the atmosphere of friendship and cooperation.
Singh,in his departure statement,said,India and China have historical issues and there are areas of concern. The two governments are addressing them with sincerity and maturity,
without letting them affect the overall atmosphere of friendship and cooperation. I will be discussing some of these issues as part of strategic communication between leaders with a forward-looking and problem-solving approach.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Singh said his visits to Russia and China would help strengthen Indias relations with two of its most important partners and create strategic opportunities for Indias growth,prosperity and development in a stable external environment.
The Prime Minister said the annual summit he would be holding with Russian President Vladimir Putin on October 21 is an important feature of our special and privileged strategic partnership. He said Indias scope of ties with Russia is unique,which includes strong and growing cooperation in areas including defence,nuclear energy,science and technology,hydrocarbons,trade and investment.
Singh said he would be exchanging views with President Putin on international developments,including West Asia and Afghanistan.
He said the honorary doctorate to be conferred on him by Moscow State Institute of International Relations is a testimony of the relations between our two countries.
On his China trip,he said the visit would give him the opportunity to continue talks with the new Chinese leadership. He said together with the Chinese leadership in the last nine years in office as prime minister,both sides have put together a strategic and cooperative partnership and mechanisms for cooperation and dialogue to address bilateral issues between the two countries.
Together we have reached important consensus on maintaining peace and tranquility on the border and made preliminary progress toward settlement of the India-China boundary question. He said during the visit,he would discuss ways and means to consolidate our common strategic interests.
The Prime Minister said the two countries are constantly exploring new ways,like sub-regional connectivity,to impart dynamism to their cooperation.