As Prime Minister Manmohan Singh left for Russia and China on a five-day visit,he acknowledged that India and China have areas of concern and that the two sides are addressing them without letting them affect the atmosphere of friendship and cooperation.
Singh,in his departure statement,said,India and China have historical issues and there are areas of concern. The two governments are addressing them with sincerity and maturity,
without letting them affect the overall atmosphere of friendship and cooperation. I will be discussing some of these issues as part of strategic communication between leaders with a forward-looking and problem-solving approach.
Singh said his visits to Russia and China would help strengthen Indias relations with two of its most important partners and create strategic opportunities for Indias growth,prosperity and development in a stable external environment.
The Prime Minister said the annual summit he would be holding with Russian President Vladimir Putin on October 21 is an important feature of our special and privileged strategic partnership. He said Indias scope of ties with Russia is unique,which includes strong and growing cooperation in areas including defence,nuclear energy,science and technology,hydrocarbons,trade and investment.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Singh said he would be exchanging views with President Putin on international developments,including West Asia and Afghanistan.
He said the honorary doctorate to be conferred on him by Moscow State Institute of International Relations is a testimony of the relations between our two countries.
On his China trip,he said the visit would give him the opportunity to continue talks with the new Chinese leadership. He said together with the Chinese leadership in the last nine years in office as prime minister,both sides have put together a strategic and cooperative partnership and mechanisms for cooperation and dialogue to address bilateral issues between the two countries.
Together we have reached important consensus on maintaining peace and tranquility on the border and made preliminary progress toward settlement of the India-China boundary question. He said during the visit,he would discuss ways and means to consolidate our common strategic interests.
The Prime Minister said the two countries are constantly exploring new ways,like sub-regional connectivity,to impart dynamism to their cooperation.