Firmly in the saddle with his government completing one year in office,the Chief Minister,Virbhadra Singh,today tried to put the Congress on poll mode. His prime target was the Lok Sabha MP from Hamirpur,Anurag Thakur,son of former chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal and Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) president.
The rally,which was a show of strength by Virbhadra in Dhumals home district where the Congress did not fare well during last Assembly polls saw most party leaders hit out at the BJPs Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and also Anurag Thakur. Hamirpur has not returned a Congress candidate for two decades now.
The Modi factor was repeatedly mentioned at the rally apparently because of reports about BJP proposing his first rally in Himachal Pradesh at Sujanpur in Feburary 2014. Few even drew a parallel between Gujarats model of development and Virbhadra s model in Himachal a state with the best social parameters.
Cabinet ministers,MLAs and top PCC leaders were present at the rally. Independent MLAs,who are partys ally in the Assembly,also shared the dais with Chief Minister. Todays turn-out at the rally is an indication of the things (Lok Sabha polls) in the offing for the BJP. Its neither seen here nor will Modi be able to do any thing. Its Virbhadra Singh,who will matter in Himachal Pradesh or Hamirpur, declared Mukesh Agnihotri,minister for industry and Parliamentary affairs.
Yet,it was Virbhadra Singh,who perhaps launched the fiercest attack against Dhumal and dared him to face the battle ground (polls),instead of resorting to back-stabbing and personalised attacks against him.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Responding to demands made by PCC president Sukhwinder Sukhu and former minister Ram Lal Thakur to probe all irregularities of the HPCA,Virbhadra Singh said Anurag Thakur and Dhumal have committed a biggest fraud on the people by changing the status of the HPCA from a registered society to a company registered at Kanpur.