Firmly in the saddle with his government completing one year in office,the Chief Minister,Virbhadra Singh,today tried to put the Congress on poll mode. His prime target was the Lok Sabha MP from Hamirpur,Anurag Thakur,son of former chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal and Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) president.
The rally,which was a show of strength by Virbhadra in Dhumals home district where the Congress did not fare well during last Assembly polls saw most party leaders hit out at the BJPs Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and also Anurag Thakur. Hamirpur has not returned a Congress candidate for two decades now.
The Modi factor was repeatedly mentioned at the rally apparently because of reports about BJP proposing his first rally in Himachal Pradesh at Sujanpur in Feburary 2014. Few even drew a parallel between Gujarats model of development and Virbhadra s model in Himachal a state with the best social parameters.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Cabinet ministers,MLAs and top PCC leaders were present at the rally. Independent MLAs,who are partys ally in the Assembly,also shared the dais with Chief Minister. Todays turn-out at the rally is an indication of the things (Lok Sabha polls) in the offing for the BJP. Its neither seen here nor will Modi be able to do any thing. Its Virbhadra Singh,who will matter in Himachal Pradesh or Hamirpur, declared Mukesh Agnihotri,minister for industry and Parliamentary affairs.
Yet,it was Virbhadra Singh,who perhaps launched the fiercest attack against Dhumal and dared him to face the battle ground (polls),instead of resorting to back-stabbing and personalised attacks against him.
Responding to demands made by PCC president Sukhwinder Sukhu and former minister Ram Lal Thakur to probe all irregularities of the HPCA,Virbhadra Singh said Anurag Thakur and Dhumal have committed a biggest fraud on the people by changing the status of the HPCA from a registered society to a company registered at Kanpur.