Maoist groups are reportedly holding meetings at villages in Chhattisgarh,asking them to press the newly introduced None Of The Above (NOTA) option in the EVMs during the upcoming assembly elections in the state,a senior CRPF officer said.
The meetings assume significance as the Maoists have been asking villagers and locals to boycott the polls. We have come to know that the Maoists are holding meetings with villagers and asking them to press the NOTA button. Their first attempt is to dissuade the people to go to the poll booths of course and if at all they go they have been asked to take the NOTA option, said CRPF DG Dilip Trivedi.
The CRPF has been appointed as the nodal agency for force mobilisation during the assembly elections next month. The maximum deployment is in Chhattisgarh.
They have made plans to disrupt the elections by attacking the security forces, said a senior CRPF official.
The DG said they had deployed more than 7,000 personnel only to sanitise the routes and roads in the Maoist-affected state.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The CRPF has also asked its men to refrain from using anti-landmine vehicles,terming them as fancy vehicle as its use makes them easy identifiable and emphasised on using private and unmarked vehicles for movement inside the jungles.
Trivedi said Monday that one of the most challenging jobs for his force was to ensure that around 56,000 policemen sent from other states apart from the one-lakh odd Chattisgarh policemen were inducted safely.
Chhattisgarh: Congs third list out,all MLAs get tickets
NEW DELHI: The Congress has retained all its sitting MLAs in Chhattisgarh as the party Tuesday announced its third list of 24 candidates for the Assembly elections. Sending a signal to Ajit Jogi,the party also fielded one of his strongest critics,Nobel Verma. The party has announced candidates for 86 of the total 90 seats so far. The four remaining candidates are likely to be announced in the next few days. ENS