The following are the highlights of the interim budget for 2009-10 presented in Parliament by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Monday.
* Total expenditure estimated at Rs 9,53,231 crore
* Plan expenditure estimated at Rs 2,85,149 crore.
* Non-Plan expenditure pegged at Rs 6,68,082 crore.
* Revenue expenditure at Rs 8,48,085 crore.
* Centre’s net tax revenue pegged at Rs 5,00,096 crore.
* Revenue deficit 4 per cent of GDP.
* Fiscal deficit at 5.5 per cent of GDP.
* Major subsidies estimated at Rs 95,579 crore.
* Two per cent interest subsidy for exports extended till
Sept for employment oriented sector.
* Defence allocation at Rs 1,41,703 crore.
* Rs 30,100 crore allocated for rural employment scheme.
* Bharat Nirman allocated Rs 40,900 crore.
* Rs 12,070 crore for National Rural Health Mission.
* Rural drinking programme allocated Rs 7,400 crore.
* Rural sanitation programme gets Rs 1,200 crore.
* Rs 14,000 crore for rural infrastructure development.
* Mid-day Meal scheme allocated Rs 8,000 crore.
* Rs 6,705 crore for Integrated Child Development Scheme.
* Sarva Sikhsha Abhiyan allocated Rs 13,100 crore.
* Urban renewal mission gets Rs 11,842 crore.
* Government to recapitalise public sector banks.